Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A lesson learned from Michael Jackson

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=8025171


I really didn't want to join the bandwagon of thousands and talk about Michael Jackson. Today like so many I watched his Memorial Service and was reminded of the pop star I was so enthralled by as a child, a teenager and a young adult. I remember dancing and singing to his the album Thriller. In our living room we had a huge mirror and I would sing and dance in front of it always. Music was always a major part of my life and the lives of my parents. We danced when we cleaned, we sang in the car and with every note a memory was embedded into our hearts.

I appreciated the sentiment that was spoken over and over with each and every song and speech spoken. I am not here to judge anyone. I would like to remember him for the good he did and the songs he sang and for his sentiment of caring for the children of the world.

I think we all need love, love in our hearts, love in our minds and love always on our tongues. I think that is an amazing lesson. I think the speeches you can listen to with the link I posted speak the most absolute of truths. In my hearts desire I want to be the best person I can be. I want to give love, share love and speak love always. A humanitarian of love. A child of God. A light shining brightly sending out pure love, positivity and joy.

3 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Great post, M. Yes, let's remember the good he did and that the man was acquitted. I watched it too and thought the Congresswoman's speech was wonderful.

Divya said...

Good work Article is awosome i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo fast in India play bazaar

Divya said...

Superb Article i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo play bazaar