Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A lesson learned from Michael Jackson

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=8025171


I really didn't want to join the bandwagon of thousands and talk about Michael Jackson. Today like so many I watched his Memorial Service and was reminded of the pop star I was so enthralled by as a child, a teenager and a young adult. I remember dancing and singing to his the album Thriller. In our living room we had a huge mirror and I would sing and dance in front of it always. Music was always a major part of my life and the lives of my parents. We danced when we cleaned, we sang in the car and with every note a memory was embedded into our hearts.

I appreciated the sentiment that was spoken over and over with each and every song and speech spoken. I am not here to judge anyone. I would like to remember him for the good he did and the songs he sang and for his sentiment of caring for the children of the world.

I think we all need love, love in our hearts, love in our minds and love always on our tongues. I think that is an amazing lesson. I think the speeches you can listen to with the link I posted speak the most absolute of truths. In my hearts desire I want to be the best person I can be. I want to give love, share love and speak love always. A humanitarian of love. A child of God. A light shining brightly sending out pure love, positivity and joy.

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Great post, M. Yes, let's remember the good he did and that the man was acquitted. I watched it too and thought the Congresswoman's speech was wonderful.